Web Content and Social Media Specialist
Position Summary: The Web Support and Social Media Specialist reports to the Director of Public Relations and Constituent Development and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the University website and all social media sites to engage, build and improve relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This individual will work with the public relations team to develop and implement comprehensive, targeted, and sustainable messages and communication strategies.
• Develop, write for, implement, and maintain the Cheyney University website. This includes but is not limited to content, graphics, animation, and functionality.
• Perform day-to-day site maintenance.
• Document standards for site design and best practices for use by all Cheyney University content editors/maintainers.
• Perform navigation and browser compatibility to ensure the sites are of the highest quality using the most current web standards.
• Insure the accessibility of all Cheyney University websites (ADA compliance).
• Perform quality control for third party content.
• Implement search engine optimization strategies.
• Provide technical assistance and training to content editors/maintainers.
• Create utilization reports of public and employee portals.
• Assist in the development, content and implementation of a robust innovative and effective social media platform to manage Cheyney’s presence on networking sites including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
• Build online communities, capture and engage new audiences, coordinate viral campaigns and targeted online outreach programs to promote brand awareness and drive key audiences to Cheyney University public relations outlets and collaterals.
• Research and recommend new technologies and opportunities that enhance Cheyney University’s social media presence.
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in web and social media site administration/maintenance and database management.
• Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, computer science, public relations or journalism.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of web technologies including but not limited to HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, and Java. Proficiency with Macromedia’s CS4 (Acrobat Professional, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
• Basic Photoshop Experience
• Knowledge of the methods to incorporate video and audio into web sites
• Knowledge of the functions and capabilities of various web browsers and portal technology
• Proven track record leading social medial initiatives with demonstrated success across multiple platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
• Thorough understanding of social media strategy trends and information architecture.
• Experience developing a variety of content including: video, written and photographic media.
• Good design skills and the ability to work creatively and cooperatively.
Instructions for Applying: Applicants should complete an application, as well as upload a resume and cover letter, in our online application system.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check per Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policy.