Security Officer 1 - 9-month Residence Life Security- Reposted (4 Positions)
The work schedules will be established by the supervisor. These cyclical positions will not be assigned for work during the Summer, Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring break periods when students are not residing on campus. Security Officers are stationed at the entrances to the Residence Halls between 11pm and 7am during periods of occupancy. Duties include: detecting and limiting all contraband from entering the Residence Halls; making sure all students and their guest present valid picture identification upon entering the Residence Halls; testifies in court, provides security for special events; assists in medical emergencies, fires and fire drills. The ideal candidate possesses a firm understanding of the role of security in a University environment. A successful candidate must embrace the concept of fair and impartial enforcement with respect for the rights of others. Clean criminal history and background checks are required.
Essential functions: This position is deemed “essential” and must remain or report to work during partial or full day closings of the University due to hazardous road conditions, emergency circumstances or for other reasons.
Selection Criteria: Minimum Education & Training:
GED or high school diploma required; experience in the security field or law enforcement preferred. A valid driver’s license required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to deal tactfully with general public.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to enforce violations of the student code of conduct fairly while maintaining a respectful demeanor.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work under varying climatic conditions.
- Ability to remain alert at all times and to act quickly and calmly in emergencies
- Experience working with: college-age population; parking; crowd control, preferred.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or faxed application materials will not be considered.
All offers of employment are subject and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.