Admissions Counselor (SUA 1)
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania seeks a dynamic and committed professional to serve as a full-time Admissions Counselor with a primary focus on recruitment of prospective first –year students entering the University’s undergraduate programs. The incumbent is accountable for achieving specific enrollment goals for an assigned territory. This position requires an individual with confidence; strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; exceptional persistence and proven ability to meet numerical goals; a high level of commitment; ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; and the ability to motivate others. The Admissions Counselor supports and advance the mission of the University as an institution dedicated to providing a high quality education.
This position, highly integral to the continued growth and vibrancy of the institution, will report to the Director of Admissions.
• Works directly with prospective students and families via telephone, email, the internet, and face-to-face
• Manages enrollment strategies to achieve goals and objectives for an assigned region
• Conducts outreach programs and implements strategies from the inquiry stage through enrollment
• Assesses individual student needs and develops tactics to provide students with essential information
• Travel to high schools, community colleges, college nights and fairs making presentations to small and large groups about programs, admission criteria, financial aid and student life which may reach beyond an assigned territory.
• Provides basic assistance on issues of prerequisite, course registration, and program goals.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to travel for recruiting purposes
• Represents the University, its programs and admission criteria to external and internal constituencies (e.g., prospective students, their families, school counselors, alumni, faculty, staff and community partners)
• Interviews prospective students, follows up with written and telephone communication, assists them with the enrollment process
• Maintains statistical information on student population for analysis and reporting
• Works with faculty and staff to identify and pursue effective outreach opportunities and partnerships that extend relationships and build feeder systems
• Develop and utilize marketing materials to support a recruitment communication plan and timeline.
• Represent the University at career fairs, professional conferences and trade shows.
• Interviews students, conducts group presentations and arranges campus visits and tours
• Contributes to social media on admissions accounts
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in financial aid, advising, registrar and other campus offices to ensure a consistent and smooth transition from applicant to student.
• Reviewing file to accept and award students as well as rejecting files when applicable.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Admissions
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science required.
Must have excellent communication skills and experience collaborating with both small/ personal and large/diverse groups of people.
Strong organizational, communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Polished presentation/public speaking skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
Valid driver's license and ability to be certified to drive a University vehicle for recruitment travel.
Incumbent must be willing to travel and be available to work nights, weekends and/or overnight as needed.
Experience in marketing, communications or publications.
Experience coordinating programs
Knowledge of social medial tools and outreach techniques
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or fax application materials will not be considered.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.