Admissions Counselor Keystone Honors Academy
Position Summary: Cheyney University of Pennsylvania seeks a dynamic and committed professional to serve as a full-time Admissions Counselor with a primary focus on recruitment of students for the Keystone Honors Academy. The Keystone Honors Academy is a program for high-achieving students which seeks to foster intellectually enriching experiences for the entire campus community. Through extensive programmatic offerings, learning activities, innovative approaches to pedagogy, scholarships, special programs, and events, the Academy is a source of inspiration to all Cheyney students to discover new intellectual interests and to foster lifelong learning.
The successful candidate will have experience in and be familiar with contemporary methods in recruitment for special populations. Experience required in utilizing data-driven recruitment methods, such as software systems that identify qualified prospects. The individual we seek will provide leadership in the development of a recruitment plan encompassing varied recruitment strategies, marketing and a communications plan.
The ideal candidate will possess positive energy, exceptional communication skills, creativity, and enthusiasm for recruiting prospective high achieving students. The Keystone Honors Academy recruits qualified students based on their secondary education/previous college performance, standardized test scores, evaluation of essays and letters of recommendation. The position assures that enrollment goals are met regarding applications, acceptances, and enrolled students
This position, highly integral to the continued growth and vibrancy of the institution, will report to the Director of Admissions.
• Develop and utilize marketing materials to support a recruitment communication plan and timeline.
• Establish a network of high schools with honors programs and academic quiz bow programs; establish recruitment activities specific for these programs.
• • Utilize College Board tools to identify qualified students and initiate a communication plan for this prospective population.
• Represent the University at career fairs, professional conferences and trade shows.
• Interviews students, conducts group presentations and arranges campus visits and tours
• Contributes to social media on admissions accounts
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in financial aid, advising, registrar and other campus offices to ensure a consistent and smooth transition from applicant to student.
• Reviewing file to accept and award students as well as rejecting files when applicable.
• Establish a calendar of recruitment events designed for honors students and their families, such as:
-Brunch/Tea for accepted students
-Honors Discovery Days
-Honors-focused activities for Open House
-Honors-focused activities for Destination Cheyney
Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Admissions
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science required.
Must have excellent communication skills and experience collaborating with both small/ personal and large/diverse groups of people.
Strong organizational, communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Polished presentation/public speaking skills.
Valid driver's license and ability to be certified to drive a University vehicle for recruitment travel.
Incumbent must be willing to travel and be available to work nights, weekends and/or overnight as needed.
Instructions for Applying: Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or fax application materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.