Executive Director of Finance and Administration (CFAO)
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania invites applicants for the Executive Director of Finance and Administration (CFAO).
We are seeking a highly skilled professional to provide leadership and direction for Financial & Administrative functions and provide oversight of a team of support operations that includes accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, procurement, financial services, grants administration, scholarships, human resources, parking, payroll, facilities, and information technology. These support operations are comprised of Cheyney University employees, outsourced staff employed by West Chester University through a shared services agreement, and other third-party service providers.
• Guide budget development; develop and provide financial updates to the campus community
• Chair the University’s Budget Committee and facilitate meetings
• Develop and implement sound business and fiscal policies to ensure optimum use of the University’s financial resources
• Provide leadership to ensure that campus facilities and grounds function properly and look attractive in support of the University’s mission
• Assist Human Resources staff in navigating employee relations and collective bargaining issues
• Serve as administrative liaison to and provide support for the Council of Trustees’ Finance & Budget Committee
• Negotiate and administer major University contracts
• Mentor direct reports; develop a strong and cohesive management team
• Provide support, as needed, to complete projects and develop reports for the University President
• Serve on PASSHE committees and provide support to PASSHE as requested
• Interact with external auditing firm for year-end financial statement preparation and certification
• 15 years of experience (including managerial responsibilities) in financial operations, accounting, and administration, preferably with experience providing oversight to human resources and/or facilities functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership and team development skills
• Solid negotiating skills as demonstrated by negotiation experience
• Strong work ethic and unyielding integrity
Instructions for Applying: Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or fax application materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.