Dean of Enrollment Management (Non-Represented Manager 210)- Revised and Reposted
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania invites applicants for the position of Dean of Enrollment Management. Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, this position serves as a member of the President’s Executive Council and the Provost’s Council. The Dean is the Co-Chair of the Enrollment Management Committee and is responsible for providing leadership in enrollment planning. The Dean directly supervises the Director of Admissions, Director of Financial Aid, Registrar, Bursar, and other managers and staff within the Department of Enrollment Management.
The Dean is responsible for the implementation of the Enrollment Management Plan and for assisting the Provost in budget development and administration, annual assessment of the performance of the department and proposing appropriate revisions of objectives and strategies. This position will be responsible for having knowledge of academic programs, scholarship opportunities, and the general education program at the University.
• Supervise the work of directors and staff members in the Department of Enrollment Management.
• Work with the Provost, leaders in Academic and Student Affairs, and the Enrollment Management staff in the development, revisions, and implementation of the Enrollment Management Plan.
• Communicate to the President’s Executive Council weekly on enrollment projections of first-time students and transfer students.
• Communicate enrollment data to other constituencies of the University as requested by the President and/or Provost.
• Operate the department within budget and in accord with existing University and PASSHE policies, and state and federal government regulations and laws.
• Develop reports on the efficiency and effectiveness of all activities and programs that operate in the Department of Enrollment Management and submit them to the Provost and President as required and when requested.
• Evaluate all directors and managers in the department on an annual basis.
• Serve on councils and committees as described in the Cheyney University Governance Structure document and on ad hoc groups as specified by either the President or Provost.
• Recommend changes to University policies that would improve the operation of Enrollment Management and aid the University in becoming more competitive.
• Monitor all financial awards (scholarships) to students to ensure that university and donor requirements are met and that such awards conform to state and federal laws and regulations.
• Work with the Provost to ensure that registration of students in courses, and external learning experiences, occur timely, efficiently, and meet best practices in higher education.
• Ensure that all student records are properly handled and that University practices in record keeping meet PASSHE, state, and federal requirements, and the standards of Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Provost.
• A master’s degree in an academic discipline offered at the university; doctorate preferred.
• At least five years of work in admissions and financial aid with three years in a leadership role.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must complete an online application and upload a vitae/resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or fax application materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.