Medical & Supplemental Benefits Coverage - APSCUF
Benefits for eligible employees and their dependents begin on the first official day
of employment and end on the last day of employment.
Who is eligible for medical/supplemental benefits through West Chester University?
- Permanent full-time employees and their eligible dependents
- Permanent part-time employees who work at least 18.75 hours per week and their eligible
- Temporary faculty eligibility is complex but generally requires two consecutive semesters
of teaching at least 50% (6 credits)
- For specific information on temporary faculty benefits eligibility please contact
in the HR office
Note: The information above should not be considered as a guarantee of benefits eligibility.
Eligibility is subject to change and should be confirmed with the Human Resources
Medical and Supplemental Benefits Information
Employees in the APSCUF Faculty and Coaches, Nonrepresented, OPEIU (Nurses), SPFPA
(Security/Police) Employee Groups have their health care benefits administered by
the State System office.
Medical Plan Information:
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Effective January 1, 2017 - The four regional HMO Plan options will be closed to new
enrollments. Faculty members and coaches who are currently enrolled in an HMO plan
will be permitted to continue that enrollment.
- Effective July 1, 2017 - Geisinger, Keystone Central, and Keystone East Health Plans
will be eliminated. The UPMC Health Plan will continue, but will be redesigned to
have the same member deductibles and office visit copays that will be in place for
the Highmark PPO plan.
- UPMC Health Plan HMO Details
Supplemental Plan Information
- Prescription Coverage:
- Hearing Coverage
- Dental and Vision Coverage:
- Dental and Vision benefits are provided by the Pennsylvania Faculty Health and Welfare
Fund at no cost to eligible faculty members and their dependents.
- These plans are administered by the APSCUF Health & Welfare Fund. For more information
on these and other benefits available through APSCUF please visit the Health & Welfare Fund website or contact Monika Mayer in the APSCUF office at 610-436-1064.