- Title: Associate Professor, Director of Adventure Education Program
- Location: Stuzebecker HSC 318
- Email: MCummiskey@wcupa.edu
- Phone: 610-430-4199
- BS in Health and Physical Education, Ithaca College, 1997
- MSEd in Physical Education, SUNY Cortland, 2005
- PhD in Kinesiology, Temple University, 2007
- Staff training in adventure education
- School wellness education
- Accreditation of K-12 Physical Education programs
- Cummiskey, M. (2019). Technology for health education classroom instruction. In Jenny,
S., Krause, J. M., & Armstrong, T., Technology for physical educators, health educators,
and coaches (pp. TBD). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Cummiskey, M. (2019). Now What? Transferring Meaning to the Everyday. Mid-Atlantic
Current, 26(1), 8-10.
- Cummiskey, M. (2019). Using the team-belay in physical education. PSAHPERD Journal,
- Cummiskey, M., Cleland, F., Brewer, H., Nichols, R., Leight, J. (2019, April), Leadership
Starts with Future Teachers: Transforming Teacher Preparation Programs. Society of
Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) National Convention, Tampa, FL
- Cleland, F., & Cummiskey, M. (2018, October). Transforming HPE Teacher Preparation
– Pioneering School Wellness. Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE) National
Convention, Salt Lake City, UT.
Cummiskey, M. & Helion, J. (2018, April). Participation Trophies. Society of Society
of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) National Convention, Nashville, TN.
State or Local Presentations
- Cummiskey, M. (2019, March). Development of a Competency Assessment for Facilitators.
Mid-Atlantic Association for Experiential Regional Convention, Bruceton Mills, WV.
- Cummiskey, M. (2019, March). College Faculty Roundtable. Mid-Atlantic Association
for Experiential Regional Convention, Bruceton Mills, WV.
- Cummiskey, M. (2018, November). Community Research Partnerships: the YMCA of Greater
Brandywine. ORSP Faculty Forum, West Chester, PA.
- Linda Wood Huber Aware for Service - PSAHPERD (2018)
- SHAPE America (lifetime member)
- Pennsylvania Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (lifetime
- Phi Epsilon Kappa (PEK) (lifetime member)
Read more Faculty Profiles