Laptops and iPads
BORROWING A LAPTOP
Students may borrow a PC or Mac laptop for the entire semester that they will be student
teaching. Laptops are available for loan beginning the first day of the semester and
returned during final exam week. Both PC and Mac laptops have the following software
pre-installed: Microsoft Office 2016, Smart Notebook Ver.18, Inspiration Ver.9, Adobe
Creative Suite 2018. In addition, Macs have Pages, Keynote, and Numbers.
SETTING UP YOUR IPAD
The iPad you are borrowing is for student use in coursework and for professional use
as a Teacher Candidate. Please follow the steps below to set up your iPad.
- We recommend setting up your iPad on a robust wifi connection.
- Press the home button to begin. Choose your language, country, and a wifi network.
Enter your Username and Password. Tap Next
- Remote Management screen will appear>tap Next> enter your WCU credentials to begin
the set-up process on the iPad. Remain connected to wifi until the apps completely
- You can now enter your Apple ID and other account information. We recommend creating
a professional Apple ID linked to a personal email. You can now use this Apple ID
to purchase or load free apps on the borrowed iPad. Apps stay in your iTunes account
when you return your iPad and are your personal property.
- If using an existing Apple ID, there is a two-factor authentication code that must
be entered. You may also be prompted to verify the Apple ID email address to complete
set up. You will not be able to download or open apps until these two steps are completed.
- Create a passcode to keep your personal data safe while borrowing this iPad.
RETURNING YOUR IPAD
- Back up your data (save any pictures, videos, etc.)
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Choose Erase all content and settings. Caution:
this will delete all data off the iPad and reset it to factory settings. This cannot