WHAT: Twenty pre-approved unpaid hours serving children, or youth, or adults, including those with disabilities, through a non-profit organization or agency.
WHO: All undergraduate students in early grades preparation, middle grades preparation, and special education.
- Choose a non-profit organization
- Complete 20 pre-approved unpaid hours, not at student's workplace
- May split hours between two organizations, minimum of 10 hours each
- Serve children, youth, adults, including those with disabilities
- No indirect service (such as fundraising, cleaning, landscaping, computer and clerical tasks)
- Write a 2 ½ to 5 page double-spaced reflective statement according to directions
- Be eligible for a Certificate of Early Completion if CSE is completed in the first semester for first time transfer students and during the first year for First Year Students
- Prospective Students
- Current Students