The West Chester Borough Police responded at approximately 10:00 pm to a residence in the 400 block of South Walnut Street for a report of a home invasion. The actors involved are described as four black males wearing dark clothing and one white male , heavy set about 6 feet tall approximately 210 lbs. with brown hair and a grey sweatshirt. The actors are reported to have displayed handguns during the incident and a video game system was stolen from the residence. The actors fled the scene in an unknown direction. No injuries were reported. Anyone with information about this incident is advised to contact the West Chester Police at 610-696-2700.
The Campus Community is cautioned to be aware of their surroundings and to report all suspicious situations. The campus community is encouraged to program 911 and 610-436-3311 into their cell phones.
If you or someone you know has been affected by a criminal act, the Chester County Crime Victims Center provides free, confidential support services to WCU students at their 24 hour hot-lines, 610-692-RAPE or 610-692-7420 (other crimes) On campus assistance is available through the Center for Women and Gender Equality, Counseling Center, Health Center and the Office of Student Conduct.
If you or someone you know has been affected by a criminal act, the following resources are available to you: (*denotes confidential resource)
Counseling Center*: 610-436-2301
Health Center*: 610-436-2509
Social Equity/Title IX Coordinator: 610-436-2513
Center for Women and Gender Equity* 610-436-2122
Judicial Affairs: 610-436-3511
Crime Victims Center*: 610-692-7273
National Sexual Assault Hotline*:1-800-656-HOPE
GENERAL SAFETY TIPS:
- Report all crime or suspicious incidents.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid walking alone.
- If your partner says no or does not give clear verbal consent, sexual activity must stop.
- Your partner cannot give consent if incapacitated with alcohol or drugs, coerced, threatened, or frightened.
- The person(s) who initiate(s) a new level of sexual activity is responsible for getting consent for each level of intimacy.
- Limit your use of alcohol.
- Step in if you see a friend or acquaintance being taken advantage of or trying to take advantage of another person. Separate the individuals and make sure they get home safe.