Online Faculty Development
CAPC requires faculty members to participate in an Office of Distance Education training program before obtaining their Distance Education statement and teaching a distance education course. This program is known as the Online Faculty Development program (OFD).
OFD is a fully online program that introduces faculty to best practices for online and blended learning. The program consists of the following modules:
- Identifying Roles in Distance Education at WCU
- Aligning Course Elements
- Creating Measurable Learning Objectives
- Assessing Your Students and Providing Meaningful Feedback
- Developing Meaningful Learning Activities
- Connecting With Your Students
- Making Learning Accessible for All Students
- Applying Copyright and Fair Use Standards
- Designing an Effective Course Module Page
Before participating in OFD, make sure you have basic knowledge of the following items within D2L:
- Discussion Board
To get up to speed on any of these items, reference D2L Services’ website for tutorials and information about D2L Subscription Training.
The Office of Distance Education runs OFD five times throughout the year over a period of two or three weeks. Upcoming offerings are as follows:
- Fall offering: October 5 - 23, 2020
- Winter offering: January 4 - 15, 2021
- Spring offering: March 8 - 26, 2021
Sign up for any of these offerings using the OFD registration form. We look forward to working with you!