Course Development Resources
Copying a D2L Course
If you have need to copy a D2L course from a fellow faculty member, please fill out the Consent to Copy D2L Course form to help streamline the process.
The Office of Digital Learning and Innovation provides premium account licenses for a variety of third party tools.
- Examity- A live proctoring service for students taking online exams within our Desire2Learn system.
- H5P- An asynchronous student engagement tool, able to be embedded into the D2L environment
- Proctorio- An automated proctoring service for students taking online exams within our Desire2Learn system.
- Poll Everywhere- A student response system designed to increase engagement in large-lecture settings.
- VoiceThread- A platform for group project collaboration and presentation.
in the Office of Digital Learning and Innovation to get set up with a premium account license or upgrade your existing free account to premium.
The Office of Digital Learning and Innovation loans equipment to online faculty on a first-come, first-serve basis. Equipment we currently have available for loan includes:
- Lenovo X380 Yoga laptop
- Macbook Air
- iPads w/ Apple Pencil (class set)
- Swivl robots
Contact Kristin Herman in the Office of Digital Learning and Innovation firstname.lastname@example.org
to check availability for this or any other equipment requests you may have.
Daylight Responsive Code Generator
The purpose of the Daylight Responsive Video Code Generator is to create an embed code for a responsive video (a video which changes size based on the device being used to view the video) which can be inserted onto a Desire2Learn module page. By ensuring your videos are responsive, students have a positive user experience on a desktop, tablet, or phone.
The One-Button Studio allows you to create high-quality video recording without having to know anything about lighting, audio, and video equipment. Simply insert a flash drive and press a button to record yourself either with or without a slideshow or in front of a green screen. For further information and to see a calendar for scheduling purposes, visit the One-Button studio page.
Located in Anderson Hall, Digital Learning and Innovation's Recording Booth is equipped with a high definition video camera, radio broadcast-quality microphone, and a dual-boot computer with commonly used recording software for both Mac and Windows. Now you can create content for your course with professional equipment and without the noise and distractions from your office or home. For further information and to see a calendar for scheduling purposes, visit the Recording Booth page.
Best Practice and Tutorials
The following are open-source resources, housed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license. This means you can download, revise, and disseminate these resources, non-commercially, as necessary.
- Best Practice- Academic Integrity
- Accessibility Resources
- Discussion Board Resources
- Best Practice- Course Homepage Design
- Best Practice- Online Assessment
- Best Practice- Online Lecture
- Zoom Resources