William Keith Corbitt
- Supervisor: Modern Language Teacher Education Program
- Associate Professor of Languages
- M.A., Ph.D., Indiana University
- M.A., University of Delaware
- B.A., High Point University
- A.A., Monterey Peninsula College
- Styles and Strategies Based Instruction
- Teacher Training
- Effects of Study Abroad on Foreign Language Production
- Second and Foreign Language Assessment
- The Teaching of Foreign Languages to Students with Special Needs
- Corbitt, W. K. Learning styles and metacognitive awareness: How they affect the L2
listening process of students in a modified foreign language program (MFLP). SCOLT Dimension (Forthcoming).
- Corbitt, W. K, & Malovrh P. A. Processing instruction and multisensory language learning:
teaching Spanish to at-risk foreign language learners. PacSLRF Proceedings. 2017.
- Corbitt, W. K. The preferred foreign language learning styles and perceived strategy
use of at-risk students in a modified foreign language program. The TFLTA Journal, 3. 2012.
- “Pennsylvania Teacher Educator’s Roundtable: Teacher and Teacher Educator Concerns”
The Pennsylvania State Modern Language Association Fall Conference. Erie, PA. Oct.
- “Assessing the Effects of ACTFL/LTI OPI and WPT Data on Curriculum Development” The
50th Annual Conference of the Foreign Language Association of North Carolina. Durham,
NC. October 7, 2016.
- “Processing Instruction and multisensory language learning: Meeting the needs of at-risk
learners” The Pacific Second Language Research Forum. Tokyo, Japan. September 10,
- “ACTFL OPI and WPT data: Now we have it, what do we do with it?” Georgetown University
Round Table (GURT): Useful Assessment and Evaluation in Language Education. Washington,
DC. March 11, 2016.
- “L2 Listening: The relationship between learning styles and strategy use for at-risk
students of Spanish in a Modified Foreign Language Program” The 49th Annual Conference
of the Foreign Language Association of North Carolina. Durham, NC. Oct. 23, 2015
- “Cooperative learning in the elementary language classroom” The Pennsylvania State
Modern Language Association Fall Conference. King of Prussia, PA. October 16, 2015
- “The effects of learning styles and strategy use on L2 reading for at-risk students
of Spanish in a modified foreign language program” The 47th Annual Conference of the
Foreign Language Association of North Carolina. Winston-Salem, NC. October 12, 2013.
- “Matching learning styles and learning strategies.” Invited Lecture. Upper Merion
ESL Visit to West Chester University. West Chester, PA. November 15, 2016.
- “Differentiating instruction: Addressing learning styles and student motivation”.
Invited Workshop. Teocali Academy. Liberia, Costa Rica. September 30, 2016.
- “The effects of learning styles and strategy use on L2 reading” Invited Lecture. University
of North Carolina at Greensboro. Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures.
Greensboro, NC. November 14, 2013.
- Executive Council Member, Pennsylvania State Modern Language Association (2017 – 2020).
- Board of Reviewers, Teacher’s Handbook, by Judy Shrum and Eileen Glisan, 5th Edition (2014).
- Board of Reviewers, ACTFL/NCATE/CAEP (2014 - present).
Read more Faculty Profiles