Since 1974, we have been serving as advocates for gender equity issues in collaboration with the campus community.
In collaboration with West Chester University students, faculty and staff, the Center for Women and Gender Equity actively promotes and advocates for a campus community that values the safety, equality, and intellectual advancement of women and other historically marginalized groups.
Our mission is accomplished by:
- Facilitating co-curricular initiatives that address a wide range of issues that affect the success and well-being of women.
- Offering opportunities to examine the ways in which gender-based oppression intersects with other forms of systemic oppression.
- Coordinating campus wide violence prevention initiatives designed to engage all members of the University community.
- Engaging allies through programming focused on exploring concepts of masculinities.
- Building partners-in-movement through programming that supports and engages with other historically marginalized groups.
- Providing referrals and support to campus and community partners on issues that disproportionately impact women.
- Advocating for systemic changes that support women and other historically marginalized groups.
Do you provide women's health services?We are not a health clinic, but we can answer questions about your health concerns. Visit Student Health Services in Commonwealth Hall for your women's health services.
Do you provide pregnancy tests?No, we do not offer pregnancy tests. However, if you think you might be pregnant or are pregnant, we can provide you with resources and support. Student Health Services can provide pregnancy tests or you can pick one up at your local pharmacy.
I am a guy. Can I visit the Center for Women and Gender EquityYes! Our projects focus on the impact of gender on our everyday experiences. We encourage men to participate in all of our programs.
Can I work at the Center for Women and Gender Equity?Our student staff is funded through work study. Contact us if you are interested in working for the Center?
Check out our social media for the most up-to-date information!