View Text Only Version

Service-Learning & Volunteer Programs

Registration Deadlines and Election Dates

Contact Service-Learning & Volunteer Programs  

Service-Learning & Volunteer Programs

Office Location:
715 S. New St.
Commonwealth Hall, Lower Level
Enter at Student Health Services
West Chester, PA 19383

Phone: 610-436-3379
Fax: 610-430-5600

WCU Votes

 Here is some important information about casting your ballot:

If I Am Registered To Vote With My Campus Address, Where Do I Vote?

Borough Garage, 205 Lacey St West Chester, PA 19382:

  • College Arms Apartments

Hillsdale Elementary School, 725 W. Market St West Chester, PA 19382: 

  • East Village and Village Apartments
  • South Campus Apartments

Reformed Presbyterian Church 312 W. Union St West Chester, PA 19382:

  • Goshen Hall
  • Tyson Hall

Lawrence Hall, West Chester University

  • Allegheny Hall
  • Brandywine Hall
  • Commonwealth Hall
  • Killinger Hall
  • Schmidt Hall
  • University Hall

Live Off Campus? Click here to view a precinct map!


How Can I Find Out Where I Am Registered to Vote?

  • Find your polling location at VotesPA. Your polling place is also listed on your voter confirmation card that you received from the county after registering.
  • Voters must cast their ballots in the correct precinct. Sometimes there are multiple precincts in one polling place, so confirm your precinct ahead of time and get in the correct line!

How Do I Get an Absentee Ballot?

  • Pennsylvania residents who want to remain registered in their home county and vote absentee may do so if they have an acceptable excuse, which includes being away for college or study abroad.
  • Voters are required to provide their PA driver’s license or ID number, the last 4 digits of their Social Security Number or a copy of an ID when applying for an absentee ballot. Students may use a photocopy of a photo student ID card from an accredited public or private institution of higher learning in PA as ID.
  • Click on the state where you are registered to vote: Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maryland | New Jersey

How Do I Vote If I’m Studying Abroad?

  • can help you request an absentee ballot.  
  • Once you receive your absentee ballot, complete it and send it back according to the instructions on the ballot. Be sure to include enough postage. You might also check with your local embassy or consulate to see if they allow U.S. citizens abroad to send ballots through their embassy pouch, which would mean you only need to pay the cost of U.S. postage.
  • If you followed all the right steps, but it’s 30 days before the election and you still haven’t received your ballot, you can complete and submit a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB).

What Type of I.D. Do I Need to Vote?

  • Only those voting for the first time at a polling place are required to show ID at the polls.
  • WCU’s Student I.D. is a valid proof of identification
  • Other valid I.D. includes: Pennsylvania driver’s license or state I.D., U.S. passport , Military I.D., Utility bill, Bank statement , Paycheck. View a full list of acceptable I.D.
Back to top of page.