Back to top of page.
- 2 cups of uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups of water
- 4 (15 ounce) cans of black beans
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans of pinto beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can of whole kernal corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 16 flour tortillas
- 1 pound of shredded pepperjack cheese
- Combine rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover,
and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, and cool.
- Place black beans and pinto beans into a colander or strainer, and rinse. Add corn
and diced tomatoes with green chilies, and toss to mix. Transfer to a large bowl,
and mix in rice and cheese.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the tortillas, and roll up. Wrap individually in plastic
wrap, place into a large freezer bag, and freeze. Reheat as needed in the microwave
for lunch or snacks.