NEWS AND UPDATES (May 2020)
Students who need assistance locating food and basic resources in West Chester or elsewhere should contact Pam Frontino, Associate Director of Service-Learning & Volunteer Programs (and the Resource Pantry) at email@example.com.
AAUW "Gateway to Equity" Award
We are pleased to share that the WCU Resource Pantry was once again selected to receive the 'Gateway to Equity Award' by the American Association of University Women (AAUW). The award honors an individual, group, or organization that has shown by action and philosophy the promotion of the AAUW mission to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. As their selected organization, the local branch of the AAUW will dedicate this coming academic year to providing the Pantry with in-kind donations such as personal care products, winter clothing, gift cards, and educational supplies. We are extremely grateful for this recognition and support!
Food resources in West Chester/Chester County:
Students who live outside of Chester County can visit these sites for additional food resources:
Additional services available to anyone:
Shopping at the Resource Pantry is not possible at this time.
However, food is available.
If you are a student in need (living on campus or off campus) , please complete this form to receive a food package. Food packages can be picked up in Brandywine Hall, Monday through Friday, 10am-4pm.
At this time, we are not able to accept food donations. However, you can make a monetary donation here. We appreciate your assistance and concern during this time. We also suggest donating funds to our partners in the community:
Important information about food supplies from the WCU Resource Pantry:
· Out of an abundance of caution and to increase social distancing among students, faculty, and staff, the Resource Pantry is closed until further notice.
· For those students approved to remain on campus, the University will provide food to those with meal plans. More information about this will be announced soon.
· We recognize that some WCU students may have a difficult time meeting their basic food needs over the next few weeks. Therefore, Resource Pantry staff have created “care package” bags with an assortment of food supplies that will be available for pick-up.
· Unfortunately, we cannot supply personal care items at this time.
· To receive a bag, please complete this form. You will be notified if you qualify, and when and how to pick up a bag.
· Bags will be available for pick-up at the Brandywine Hall, Monday through Friday, 10am-4pm.
· The number of bags is extremely limited, so only students who do not have access to an alternative and adequate food supply should apply for a bag.
· Please also be aware that this is a temporary system since our supplies from the Pantry itself are limited. Another food package might not be available for several weeks, if at all. Please only request a package if your need is critical, since you would otherwise be taking away from another student in need.
· We are working very hard to identify alternative sources of food and distribution methods for the coming weeks and will update this page on a regular basis when we have more information.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
About the Resource Pantry
The WCU Resource Pantry supports student success by minimizing food and basic need security and preparing students for life after graduation.
How it Works
The Resource Pantry is open to ALL undergraduate and graduate students at West Chester University, regardless of need level. No appointment necessary, walk-in’s are welcome at any time during our hours of operation.
The Pantry offers non-perishable food, fresh produce from the campus gardens, personal care items, school supplies, and winter and career clothing.
Visiting the Pantry for the first time? A Pantry staff member will be happy to help you fill out our simple application form and show you around. After that, you are free to shop for whatever items you need.
Please feel free to contact the us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone (610)-436-2378.
Please check back soon for the Resource Pantry's most recent Annual Report.