Questions for Potential Roommates
Finding a compatible Roommate(s) is the first step to securing off-campus housing.
Share the responsibility of paying bills and spread them among roommates so all can
begin to develop a positive credit history in their own name. Make sure you are careful
in matching interests, cleanliness, studying and social habits. The questions below
will help you find the right match.
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- Does your family live in-state? Do they like to visit and stay with you?
- How often do you prefer to do dishes, vacuum, clean the bathtub, etc?
- Are you currently involved with anyone? Are they going to be an overnight guest?
- What in the house do you like to share (food, cleaning supplies, shower stuff)?
- What is your usual bedtime?
- What time do you get ready for work/class in the morning?
- How often do you cook?
- What are your study habits? Do you prefer to study in the apartment or away from the
- Do you need absolute quiet to study, or do you prefer background noise (radio, television,
etc.)? What time of day is best for you to study?
- Where do you like to socialize in the evening?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What other debts do you have besides rent? (car, insurance, tuition, credit card debt)
- Do your friends like to come and stay with you?
- What kind of furniture do you have?
- Do you watch TV? How often? What shows?
- Do you usually pay your bills on time?
- Do you drink and/or smoke? How often?
- What kind of grades to you earn/want to earn?