Parking & Transportation
NOTICE: See more Transportation and Parking Services information.
On Campus Parking & Transportation Services
Public Safety's website: Information regarding Parking Services on campus at West Chester University. The following
information and services are included:
- On campus Parking Permits and online registration
- Paying parking tickets
- Parking lot images - refreshed every 5 minutes in various lots
- Garage Semester Passes - Sharpless Garage, New Street Parking Garage, Student Recreation
- Shuttle Bus Service between campuses with schedule. GPS tracking for all buses provide
up-to-the-minute locations of all University shuttles.
- Exton Train Shuttle provides free transportation to and from campus and the Exton
Train Station at select times Monday - Friday.
- Graduate Center bus transports students from Church Street to Graduate Center on Monday
through Thursday during the fall and spring semesters beginning at 3:45 pm and ending
at 10:15 pm.
- Accessible Bus: West Chester University provides an bus service for transportation around campus
for people with mobility impairments. Students may utilize this bus whether their
mobility issues are permanent or temporary. Contact Office of Services for Students
with Disabilities at 610-436-3217 in Lawrence 223 or the Student Health Center at 610-436-2509 in Commonwealth Hall.
Off Campus Parking & Transportation
- Parking in the Borough of West Chester
- 3 Garages: Chester County Justice Center Parking Facility on Market Street, Chestnut
Street Parking Facility on E. Chestnut Street, and Bicentennial Parking Facility on
- Parking Meters on the Borough streets are operational for change or credit/debit cards.
The rate is $ .25/10 minutes or $1.50/hr.
- Student Permits provide parking for students, faculty and staff of West Chester University
for Permit Area C on certain streets/blocks in the Borough. Permits may be purchased
at the Borough's Municipal Building on Gay Street.
- SEPTA BUSES Transportation
- The SEPTA buses #92 (Exton to King of Prussia) and the #104 (West Chester University
to 69th Street Transportation Center) both come to campus.
- Printed bus schedules may be picked up at the Sykes Information Desk on the 1st floor.
- SEPTA bus tokens are available at the SSI Service Window in Sykes, providing 25% discounted
- Regional Rail train Transportation
- The Regional Rail Paoli/Thorndale Line is available at the Exton Train Station.
- FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE: The University offers free service to and from campus at select time frames for students
and employees of WCU.
- Consider planning your class schedule to accommodate the train and shuttle times if
this is the method for your commute.
- Chester County Ride Guide: Transportation service in Chester County
- "A" Bus: Local and Express Transportation serving Coatesville, Thorndale, Downingtown, Exton
Square Mall and West Chester
- Rainbow Cab
- Local cab service 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM - 7 days a week
- Paradise Transit
- Safe and affordable transportation service for WCU students
- Stops throughout Borough and on campus
- Thursday - Saturday 7PM - 3AM
- PA Traffic Report
- Up-to-date traffic reports regarding road closings and/or heavy traffic