What to Bring
Printable checklist of what to bring to campus.
What to Bring?
Many new students wonder about what they will need to bring along with them when they
come to WCU. This is a list of items designed to make your stay at WCU more enjoyable.
The items contained in this list are suggestions, you may not need all of them, and
you can always bring other personal keepsakes. It is a good idea to contact your roommate
before coming to campus so that you may share the larger appliances-one student can
bring the TV and the other can provide the microwave.*
- Sheets- Extra long twin (80") for North Campus
- Standard twin (76") South Campus Apartment Complex
- Bed skirt
- Mattress Cover, Mattress Pad or Featherbed
- Refrigerator (no larger than 3.6 cubic ft.)*
- Microwave- (none larger than 0.7 cubic feet permitted)*
- Laundry Bag/Basket
- Fabric Softener
- Lanyard/Key Ring
- Deck of Cards
- Postage Stamps
- Paper Products (Napkins, Towels, Plates)
- Plastic Goods (Forks, Cups, Bowls)
- Food Storage Containers
- Carpet and/or Area Rug*
- School Supplies: Disks, Stapler, etc.
- Coaxial Cable or HDMI cable (connect to WCU CATV system)
- Sewing Kit
- Cleaning Supplies
- Alarm Clock with Battery Backup
- Lamp* (not halogen lamp)
- Storage Crates/Bins
- Audio Entertainment Devices
- Decorations (Posters, Pictures, etc.)
- Shower Caddy
- Shower Shoes- Flip Flops, etc.
- Shampoo, Conditioner
- Hair Products
- Antibiotic Cream
- Tylenol, Advil
- Cold Medicine
- Any Prescribed Medications
What Not to Bring
- Appliances of any kinds with an exposed heating element, including but not limited
to hot plates, toaster ovens, deepfryers, electric frying pans, sandwich makers, grills
(like the George Foreman Grill), halogen lamps, are not permitted in any housing facility.
- Heavy appliances are prohibited.
- Candles and incense are not allowed in any housing facility.
- Octopus plugs of any kind, and extension cords/powerstrips that do not use Fire Shield
- Window Air conditioners (all North Campus residence halls and the College Arms Apartments
have an air conditioner provided, and the South Campus Apartments have central air.)
- Pets (including Fish)
- Water beds/aquariums (or any large water holding device)
- Street signs or neon signs