View Text Only Version

Guide to Residential Living

Reporting Problems

Contact Guide to Residential Living  

Guide to Residential Living

202 Lawrence Center
West Chester, PA 19382

Office Hours:
Monday to Friday 8:00am-4:00pm

Phone: 610-436-3307 or 610-436-3306
RESNET (in room computer access): 610-436-2660 or

When contacting us, please provide the following information:

  • Student's Name
  • WCU ID
  • Return phone # and/or email address
  • Hall/Room Assignment
  • Brief synopsis of question or concern

Having this information can allow us to attempt to answer your question expeditiously.

About Us & Staff

Reporting Problems

Maintenance Problems

For Traditional Residence Halls

Any maintenance problem should be reported to the Front Desk where you can record it in the Maintenance Log. You can also submit your maintenance problem through iService Desk, a web based system.

If you choose to report your maintenance problem through the web-based system (Internet Explorer is the required web-browser for submitting work orders), you will need to obtain your building ID and password from your desk staff. Your request is sent directly to Work Control for review. Please be as specific and detailed as possible when submitting your request through the system or in the log. You must use your University e-mail account to submit requests via the web site.

Emergency maintenance repairs, such as broken locks, windows or heaters, should be reported immediately to the desk staff because these can affect your health or safety. Maintenance personnel may enter your room or apartment without authorization for emergencies.


Maintenance problems need to be reported through the iservice Desk Process described above except for certain requests such as lock changes - please see the Resident Director for more information.

Affiliated Housing (University, Allegheny, and Brandywine Halls and the Village)

Maintenance problems are reported to Select the property you live in and look for the work order icon at the bottom of the page.

Cable Problems

If you are experiencing problems with your cable service and/or television reception in any housing facility, you need to contact 610-436-2344. The problem will be logged and then reported to the cable service provider for action. If you wish to sign up for premium services or have a question about your premium service billing, you will need to contact Comcast directly -- this telephone number will be available at check in or from your hall/complex front desk.

Refund Requests

On North Campus, the residence halls have vending machines that dispense soda, snacks, etc. Also located in the halls and SCAC are laundry machines. All these machines can be operated with cash and some also accept the Ram E Card (SCAC machines take cash only). Occasionally these machines malfunction and you can lose your money in them. If this occurs, report it to the Front Desk or Clubhouse Desk and complete the appropriate log. Refunds are not distributed at the time reported; you will receive notification when your refund is available for you to pick it up. Ram E Card refunds can be requested at the SSI Service Center in Sykes Student Union. Remember, it is important to inform the staff when problems with these machines occur. Be advised that refunds are not given for copy machine malfunctioning. Use these at your own risk.

Back to top of page.