It is important for you to carry your key with you at ALL times.
If you are Locked out of your Room or Apartment/Suite, Please do the Following:
- Attempt to find your roommate.
- If you are unsuccessful, go to the Front Desk or Clubhouse Desk of your building/complex.
- Check out a Temporary Key to your room/apartment/suite.
- Return the key immediately within 24 hours after you have let yourself into your room.
Failure to return the key will result in your being billed $30.00 for a core change
and keys to your room, $45.00 for a core change and keys for your apartment (university
housing) and $50.00 for a core change and keys for any lock in Affiliated Housing
(University, Allegheny and Brandywine Halls, and The Village). In addition to a core
change/s and billing, a formal documentation through the University Judicial Process
may be filed.
- If you are locked out when the Front Desk in a Residence Hall is closed, let the Security
Guard at the Front Desk know you are locked out. The Security Guard will contact the
RA on duty to let you into your room.
- If you are locked out when the Clubhouse Desk at South Campus is closed, apartment
residents should contact the RA on duty using the mobile phone number.
Excessive use (after 3 times per semester) of the Temporary Key program will result
in the immediate termination of this privilege.
Under no circumstances should your room or apartment/suite be left unlocked. Leaving
your room or apartment/suite unlocked endangers the safety of you, your roommate(s)
and your possessions.
NOTE: This process is not intended to substitute for a lost key. If you lose your
key, you are responsible for following the steps outlined below.
- Replacement of bedroom keys in traditional residence halls or SCAC costs $30.00. Replacement
of apartment door keys in SCAC costs $45.00. Replacement of mailbox keys in SCAC costs
$5.00. Lost keys to bedrooms/suites in University, Allegheny, or Brandywine Halls,
or the Village cost $100.00. These fees cover the cost of a lock change and replacement
- Payments for lost keys for University Housing are made at the Bursar's Office at 25
University Avenue. Bring the receipt to your Resident Director/Graduate Hall Director
who will make the necessary arrangements with the locksmiths.
- Payments for lost keys for Affiliated Housing are made at the Front Desks of Allegheny,
Brandywine and University Halls or the Clubhouse Desk for the Village.
- It will take approximately one week for your lock to be changed and your new key(s)
to be issued. You can pick up your new keys at the Front Desk of your building/area.