The Office of Student Conduct wants you to be a successful and responsible member of our community throughout your
time at WCU. As a member of the WCU community, the University expects you to abide
by the Student Code of Conduct both on and off campus. When you make choices and behave in a manner that does not
reflect the standards defined in the Student Code of Conduct, University disciplinary
action may take place.
The Office of Student Conduct sends all official correspondence through email utilizing
the student’s West Chester University issued email address. This is our primary and
official form of communication. Students are expected to check their University email
daily. Any and all consequences that result when University email is not read or checked
regularly are the responsibility of the individual student.
The Office of Student Conduct is responsible for:
- Addressing student conduct issues through the University conduct process
- Upholding community standards through the University conduct process
- Ensuring that student's right of due process is applied fairly and consistently
In accordance with the University mission and values statement, the Office of Student
Conduct contributes to maintaining a socially responsibly community. The Office of
Student Conduct serves students, faculty, staff and parents as well as the University's
community constituents to address student conduct issues by:
- Assisting in the dissemination, interpretation and enforcement of campus policies;
- Ensuring that the student's right of due process is applied fairly and consistently;
- Collaborating with the University and community constituents to address student behavioral
- Providing leadership opportunities for students participating on the University Hearing
- Offering learning experiences for students through the University conductl process;
- Initiating proactive education activities that promote community building to prevent
violations of the Code of Conduct.
Part of the mission of West Chester University is to educate students on civic engagement
by becoming socially responsible citizens. Students who choose to live in off-campus
housing in the Borough of West Chester are encouraged to be good neighbors who practice
responsible citizenship and are respectful of the rules and laws that govern our community.
To ensure responsible citizenship, the WCU Student Code of Conduct encompasses both
on-campus and off-campus behaviors which include violation of Borough, state and federal
laws. A student is responsible for their behavior, regardless of where they live,
and violations will be processed in accordance with guidelines as outlined in the
Student Code of Conduct .
Sanction conditions for off-campus violations are designed to affirm a commitment
to positive community relations and may include Community Service, participating in
a "Town-Gown" event, and/or attending a West Chester Borough Council meeting. The
University is dedicated to the goal of students being engaged into the rich fabric
of our diverse West Chester community through their positive contributions and conscientious
behavior as representatives of WCU.
Student Assistance Academic Integrity Incident Request Instructor Notification for Absences