Wellness Promotion Resources
*Indicates University Website
Alcohal, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
General Health and Wellness
- A-Z topics at Healthfinder.gov: The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services provides a collection of information
on over 1,600 health topics.
- Changing Health Habits: ChangeU.net is dedicated to helping you achieve your behavior change goals, whether
you're interested in stopping a behavior or beginning a healthy lifestyle.
- Emergency Preparedness*: Information on setting up a student emergency plan, tips to prepare for possible
emergencies, a link to Public Safety's preparedness page, and a link to the WCU campus
- Travel Health*: Find out if your next vacation will require immunizations or medications before you
- Symptom Checker: The Mayo Clinic provides this symptom checker for users. Use this guide to discover
the most common causes of the most common symptoms.
- LGBTQA Campus Services*: Information, resources, and support for programming are available to members of the
university and the community.
- Mazzoni Center: Philadelphia's LGBT health care & wellness center.
- Counseling Center*: Information on individual counseling, group counseling, and psychiatric services
- Half of Us: Learn about the warning signs of depression, find help on your campus, and connect
- ULifeline: ULifeline is an anonymous, confidential, online resource center for information on
mental health and suicide prevention.
Nutrition, Food Allergies, and Disordered Eating
Physical Activity and Recreation
- Campus Recreation*: Find out about campus intramural sports, sports clubs, open recreation facilities,
special sporting events, and outdoor adventures.
- WCU Group Fitness/Aerobics*: The semester group fitness schedule at the Sykes Fitness Center. You can take as
many classes a week as you want for only $20 per semester or $35 for the year.
- Gordon Natural Area: Located around South Campus, the Gordon Natural Area provides a break from campus
life without ever leaving campus. Walk around Gordon alone or on a guided tour, or
cross the road to the Golden Ram Recreational Trail!
- West Chester Borough Parks: Learn about the Parks and Recreation Department including upcoming events, parks,
- East Bradford Township Parks and Trails: Feel like going outside the borough for recreation and trails? East Bradford is just
beyond the Borough of West Chester with plenty of recreation opportunities.
- Chester County Parks: With 4600 acres of public park land, Chester County has a park located near you.
Want more options? Be sure to look at State Parks. Bike rental is available at Valley Forge National Park.
- Chester County and Regional Trails: Information on walking and biking trails throughout the county, region, and beyond.
- Sex, etc for Teens: Information about sexual health, including topics on: Male and Female Health, Love
and Relationships, Birth Control, Relationships, STIs, and more.
- Sexual Health*: Information on sexual health, STIs, how to get tested, how to protect yourself, and
Stress and Time Management