2017-2018 Stall Seat Journals
Sign up to have the Stall Seat Journal e-mailed to you each month.
Guidelines for submitting events and items to the Stall Seat Journal
Have an event or article you want to include in the Stall Seat Journal?
- Preference will be given to late-night, alcohol-free events on Thursday, Friday, and
- Articles should relate back to Health & Wellness. This includes physical, emotional,
social, intellectual, occupational, and spiritual wellness.
- If your article or event is not published, we will do our best to post it on our Facebook
Are you creative and outgoing? Do you enjoy helping others? Would you like to gain
valuable experience? Think about joining our Volunteer Staff.
Volunteers help staff the Office of Wellness Promotion and assist with various programs
such as: Smoking Cessation, Nutrition Awareness, Sexual Health Education, Stress Management,
Please fill out the Volunteer Form and return it to Commonwealth Hall Ground Floor or email it to
Wellness Education Programs
Take a look at our calendar
to find programs to promote to your residents. If you would like to host a program
in your hall, need more information about a program, or copies of an advertisement
for your floor, contact
Wellness Education Bulletin Boards
Print out our easy to use bulletin boards. Take a look at the "Customize it" options
to make it unique to your floor.
- Play it Safe : Alcohol Safety
- Customize it: Add it in a list of upcoming athletic events, all hall or floor events, and other
upcoming events on campus to help students find new social options.
- Operation Navigation : Campus Resources
- Customize it: Add resources specific to your residence hall (Staff members, front desk hours, emergency
- Resolution Solutions : Tips for sticking with your new years resolution
- Customize it: Add a list of upcoming programs in your residence hall, create a catchy title for
the bulletin board, and leave a blank space for residents to write in their resolution.
- Facts on Tap : Information about standard drink sizes and social norms
- Customize it : Include information about upcoming alcohol-free events like Sykes After Dark, and
create a new title for the event.
- Juggling your Priorities : Quick tips for time management
Comments or suggestions?
Eating, sleeping, stress management, choices about alcohol and tobacco, and exercise
are just a few of the lifestyle choices that have a large impact on how we feel and
Schedule a WELLNESS CONSULT with a member of our staff
Take 45 minutes to analyze nutrition, stress management, sleep, exercise, and other
lifestyle choices. Make a plan to get the most and best out of your day.
Call Student Health Services at 610-436-2509 to schedule an appointment.