Housing Information 2020-2021

Incoming Freshmen

Incoming first-year students who have paid their admission deposit will receive an e-mail with instructions for choosing their on-campus housing on a rolling basis, starting in late February.  After that, the e-mails are typically sent within a week of the payment of the admissions deposit.  An additional $200 housing deposit/fee will be required. 

Both traditional and affiliated housing have roommate matching programs, and more information will be provided to the student as part of or shortly after their application materials are complete. Students are discouraged from using any roommate matching service on the internet that requires a fee.

Full instructions are available here.


Incoming Transfers

Housing for transfer students is provided by University Student Housing, our affiliated partner. Transfer students will be contacted via e-mail starting in March with more information.

Current WCU Students

All application processes have now concluded for returning students.

Waitlist Information

The housing waitlist is for returning students who are not able to secure their housing through the South Campus Apartment Application or North Campus Traditional Room Selection processes.  

April 2:   The Priority Waitlist is available for anyone who applied on time for either North or South Campus and could not be accommodated. (UPDATED 4/2/2020)

April 22:  The general housing waitlist applications are now available in MyHousing (under Applications and Forms) for any current WCU student (not incoming first-year or transfer students.) This is a first-come, first-served application process.  Students who submitted their waitlist application prior to 5:00 pm on Wednesday, April 22 can now view their waitlist position in MyHousing.  Click on “More…” and choose “Waitlist”.  (Updated 4/22/2020, 5:15 pm)

For other current WCU students who would like to be added to the housing waitlist, it is now self-service online. 

  1. Complete the waitlist application in MyHousing.  It is in “Application and Forms.”
  2. After the application is complete, in MyHousing, click on “More…”, and choose Waitlist.  You can add yourself to the waitlist here and view your position.
Back to top of page.