Virtual Campus Recruiting (Formerly On-Campus Interviewing) Program
Employers visit the WCU campus in the fall and spring semesters to interview students for jobs and internships; the positions are posted in Handshake. You may search for positions that interest you, review the descriptions/qualifications/application directions, and then apply no later than the "resume deadline." Most interviews are "Pre-Select" - meaning you must first apply, the employer then has a short period of time to review applicants, and finally they will "pre-select" individuals to invite for an interview.
To be considered for an interview, you must apply directly to each position of interest; just uploading a resume into Handshake is not enough. Follow these instructions on how to APPLY via Handshake!
Interviews begin as early as mid-September and end in late-April. On-Campus Interviews (OCI) are sometimes the only way to connect with certain employers, and overall are a great way to secure internships and post-graduation employment.
On-Campus Interview Participation
If you are looking to apply to On-Campus Interviews, you can go about this two different ways: searching for specific interviews and then applying to the related jobs, or by searching for an applying for jobs that are connected to interview schedules. You can read more about applying for job here.
- You can select On-Campus Interviews from the top menu to view interviews that will be taking place at WCU. You can type in a keyword directly to search, or you can use a filter or multiple filters to customize your search.
- If you select an On-Campus Interview that is not yet open for applications, you will see messaging about what happens if you apply and are selected to take a slot, and you will also see the breakdown of the interview's timeline. You will also see any attached jobs.
- If you select an Interview Schedule that you've already applied to, you will see the following message: "Your application has been submitted and is being reviewed by the interviewers."
- Once you have been chosen by an employer for an On-Campus Interview, you'll receive a notification in Handshake.
- You can find all jobs, along with any interviews, that you've applied to by selecting Applications from the menu. If you see that you've been selected to interview, you can select the interview to see all available slots. Simply select Take Slot to reserve that time for yourself to interview.
- Dress professionally and prepare for the interview process to increase your chances of getting an offer.
2020-2021 On-Campus Interviewing Program Dates:
- Fall 2020: September 8th through October 23
- Spring 2020: February 15th through March 26
- Fall 2021: September 7th through October 28
Important dates are listed next to each OCI job posting in Handshake:
In order to participate in on-campus interviews, you must review your Rights and Responsibilities. You are responsible for understanding and complying with all protocols and policies related to on-campus interviewing, including expectations for on-time arrival, what to do during weather delays, and how to properly and professionally cancel an interview.