Graduate & Professional Studies
Some of the common considerations related to the decision to pursue graduate and professional studies include:
- Graduate and professional schools provide you with greater depth of knowledge of a discipline. Assess your academic and professional goals, strengths, interests, and motivation prior to beginning the application process.
- Pursue a graduate degree if your career goals require or would be advanced by further education.
- Pursue graduate work if you are interested in any type of research or academic career.
- If you simply value education and want to pursue another degree for personal growth and development, you can!
- Don't attend if you are uncertain about career goals or if you just want to wait out a poor job market.
- Consider gaining work experience, clarifying your goals, and then pursuing further education when ready.
- Utilize faculty mentors and advisers as well as career development professionals to help clarify your goals.
Schedule an appointment with a Career Development Center staff member by calling 610-436-2501!