West Chester University provides lactation spaces to support breastfeeding mothers returning to work, school, or visiting campus. Each room offers a clean, secure, and private space for women who need to express breast milk or nurse while on campus. Individuals should bring any personal supplies needed with them.
Lactation Space Locations
Lactation spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis. With the exception of Student Health Services, rooms are not available to be scheduled ahead of time. Contact Building Contact if there are questions or concerns about lactation spaces on campus.
Wayne Hall • Room 102
- Amenities: Locking door, chair and sink.
- Building Contact: James Price
Lawrence Center • Room 259
- Amenities: Access code on door, couch, chairs, table, and fan
- Contact Center for Women & Gender Equity in Lawrence 214 to get access code
- Building Contact: Sendy Alcidonis • 610-436-2122
Main Hall • 5th Floor Restroom Lounge
- Amenities: Couch, table, lockable door. Sink available in 5th floor restroom.
- Hours Available: M-F 7:00am-10:00pm
- Building Contact: Jen Bacon • 610-436-2822
Student Health Services, Commonwealth Hall • Room 06
- Amenities: Includes couch, table, outlet, lockable door, refrigerator, microwave. Sink available in restroom next door. Stop at Health Center Front Desk to access room. Call 610-436-2509 to schedule room.
- Hours Available: M-F 8:00am-4:00pm
- Building Contact: Desiree Norris • 610-436-3367
Sykes Student Union • Room 306
- Amenities: Includes chair, table, outlet, lockable door. Sink available in restroom on 2nd floor.
- Hours Available: M-F 7:30am-12:00am • Sa 8:30am-12:00am • Su 10:00am-12:00am
- Building Contact: Dave Timmann • 610-436-2984
- Office on Women's Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- National Breastfeeding Hotline: 1-800-994-9662
- La Leche League of Chester County