Researching Schools and Programs
Where to look (a few selected sites)
Details to Research When Selecting Graduate Programs
- Do the curriculum and types of degrees offered support your goals?
- What are the faculty members' research interests and specialties, and how might they
relate to or support your interests?
- What are the admission test requirements (e.g., GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT) and prerequisites
(e.g., GPA, undergraduate degree, recommendations)?
- What is the size of the program (i.e., the number of students, the size and diversity
of the faculty)?
- How competitive and selective is the program?
- Is the program accredited by an organization that affirms its quality?
- What financing options are available?
- What is the campus/town/city/state like and does it offer you your preferred lifestyle
Learn More About Graduate School