No, your mail will not be delayed. Any outgoing mail received at the University Post Office by 2:15 PM is picked up by the United States Postal Service the same day by 2:30 PM. Internal campus mail is delivered the day after it is picked up, i.e., within one business day of receipt.
The typical daily routine for official University mail is as follows:
- At 8:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, the West Chester University Postal Staff picks up the day’s mail from the off campus (Airport Road) United States Postal Service site and brings it back to campus.
- The mail is immediately sorted and bagged for distribution to the various campus departments.
- At 10:00 a.m., a University postal staff member begins to deliver the mail, both external and internal, to the departments and picks up any outgoing mail.
- Other University postal staff members make special deliveries to the departments for packages, certified mail, & registered mail.
- At 1:00 p.m., the outgoing mail is being metered and sorted, and that day’s internal campus mail is being sorted for next day delivery.
- At 2:30 p.m., the United States Postal Service picks up the outgoing mail.
Student mail is currently delivered directly to the residence halls by the United States Postal Service from the West Chester Airport Road facility.
Certainly! We sell all amounts of stamps: singles, books of ten, books of twenty, and rolls of one hundred.
Money orders are sold Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 1:45 p.m. United States Postal Service money orders are insured for the face value up to $1000.00. A $1.10 (up to $500.00) or $1.50 ($500.01-$1000.00) fee is charged for each money order (exact fees subject to changes by the U.S. Postal Service).
The Student Union bookstore has various packaging material for sale. The West Chester University Post Office has free-of-charge envelopes for U.S. Postal Service’s Overnight Express & Priority mail.
The residence halls receive their regular mail directly from the United States Postal Service main post office, which is located at 1050 Airport Road, West Chester.
The West Chester University Post Office receives all accountable mail (Express, Certified, Insured, Registered, Delivery and Signature confirmation, and C.O.D.’s) for the resident students. West Chester University Post Office staff notifies the students by phone to come to the University Post Office located at 887 S. Matlack Street to sign for and receive their accountable mail.
Anyone leaving the university should fill out a change of address form. These forms are available at the West Chester University Post Office, the USPS website, and at the front desk of each residence hall.. The change of address forms should be dropped off at the residence hall in which you reside. All first class mail will be forwarded.