- Larry Krackov
- Hours of Operation:
- 7:00am - 3:00pm
The University operates a fleet of over 80 vehicles that are used by faculty and staff to carry out operational functions. Approximately 18 of these vehicles are available to the campus community through a reservation process: 5-person sedans, 7-person minivans, 15-person vans, a cargo van, and a pickup truck.
The Automotive Shop provides the following services for the university:
- Schedule vehicle use requests
- Monitors fuel usage
- Performs required inspections
- Keeps vehicles and grounds equipment running smoothly
Reserve a Vehicle
- Complete a WCU Vehicle Reservation Form
- Email your form here.
- Use of WCU Vehicle Procedures
Permanently Assigned Vehicles
The purchase of a permanently assigned, departmental vehicle to the fleet must be approved by the appropriate Vice President and funded by the department. When such vehicles are added to the fleet, chargeback rates will apply, and vehicles will be replaced from Motor Pool revenue at the end of their life cycle.
Any charges incurred to operate (including fuel), maintain or repair departmental equipment or vehicles not funded through this process will be charged to the respective departments.
- WCU Vehicle Usage During Severe Weather
- E-ZPass Use While Driving WCU Vehicles
- Fueling Assigned WCU Vehicles
- Rental Car Guidelines
- What To Do In Case Of An Accident
Policies and Procedures
- Drivers must comply with all eligibility requirements list in the WCU Vehicle Policy
- Use of WCU Vehicle Procedure
- Student Employees and/or Graduate Assistants Vehicle Policy
- Driving 15-Passenger Vans
The WCU Motor Pool is a self-supporting entity. Rates include use of the vehicle, fuel, maintenance, and replacement of the vehicle at the end of its useful life.
- Vehicles reserved for temporary use:
- Sedan or Minivan: $.38 per mile or $21.00 per day, whichever is greater
- Van or Truck: $.45 per mile or $21.00 per day, whichever is greater
- "Super Van": $.65 per mile or $30.00 per day, whichever is greater
- Vehicles permanently assigned to a department:
- Sedan or Minivan: $.38 per mile and $296.00 per month
- Van or Truck: $.45 per mile and $296.00 per month