- M.A. Speech Language Pathology
Applications to WCU's SLP graduate program are managed through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS). Please see below for information about CSDCAS:
1. CSDCAS Customer Service Information
Customer Service is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST.
Phone (617) 612-2030
2. CSDCAS Applicant Portal Link
The applicant portal link will not open until the middle of September.
The link to the portal is portal.csdcas.org
3. CSDCAS address
All official transcripts MUST be sent to CSDCAS at the address below:
CSDCAS Verification Department
PO Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
4. CSDCAS Application Deadlines
All application materials must have been received by CSDCAS by January 15th. It is
each applicant's responsibility to see to it that the January 15th deadline is met.
Materials received later than January 15th will not be considered, and incomplete
applications will not be processed.
5. GRE Code
Please provide ETS with the CSDCAS GRE Institution code unique to West Chester University's
SLP graduate program. This code is 7710
Required Application Materials
This following materials must be submitted to the CSDCAS portal:
- Official undergraduate transcripts
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Please see below for the average GRE scores
earned by students admitted to WCU's program during the previous year. The GRE exam
can be scheduled through the Educational Testing Service (ETS) at https://www.ets.org
- A 500-word essay (personal statement) describing future goals and how West Chester
University can assist in achieving these goals.
- A "Structured Vita" formatted according to the instructions provided on the Structured
Vita instructions available at this link -> Structured Vita Instructions
- Two letters of recommendation
Additional Information for International Applicants
- Foreign transcript evaluation must be completed by a National Association of Credential
Evaluation Services (NACES) member evaluation service like World Education Services
(WES). A listing of NACES member evaluators may be obtained at this link -> NACES member evaluators
- All applicants must demonstrate a reasonable degree of English speech and language
proficiency. This may be measured by a written essay and/or personal interview. (This
requirement specifically addresses applicants whose dominant language may not be English.)
- Applicants who accept an invitation to WCU's graduate program will be required to
provide documentation of 25 clinical observation hours prior to the first semester