Duration: Half-day or Full-day
Course Description: The ability to navigate conflict is a critical skill for managers in today’s complex
work environment. All too often, managers spend their time dealing with the symptoms
of conflict rather than addressing root causes. In addition, managers who are without
the skill set to effectively deal with conflict often avoids it until the conflict
becomes a much larger concern. This course will provide participants with the tools
to identify early stage workplace conflict, diagnose conflict’s root causes and proactively
address it through effective negotiation and resolution strategies.
Audience: This course is appropriate for all managers and should be limited to a maximum of
20 participants to ensure an interactive learning environment.
- Understanding the nature of workplace conflict
- What is workplace conflict? (Healthy vs. Unhealthy)
- Root cause analysis
- Where do we experience conflict?
- How can conflict be reduced in your workplace?
- Common conflict management styles
- Commonly used conflict management techniques
- Resolving conflicts in teams and departments
- Dealing with difficult people
- Persuasion and influence techniques
- Utilizing effective negotiation strategies in the workplace
- Understanding the characteristics of an effective negotiator
- Roadblocks to avoid in negotiations
- 10 negotiation strategies that work
- Identifying 10 conflict resolution strategies that will improve conflict management
in your workplace
- An enhanced understanding of the root causes of workplace conflict.
- Increased awareness of assets and liabilities of the most common conflict resolution
styles and the development of strategies for identifying the appropriate use of each.
- Greater proficiency in the use of tools to aid in the resolution of team conflict,
persuasion techniques, listening and interviewing techniques, and the generation of
- Learn 10 practical tactics for the effective negotiation of conflict in your workplace.