View Text Only Version

The Schock Financial Aid Office

Transfer Students

Contact Us  

The Schock Financial Aid Office

25 University Avenue, Suite 030
West Chester, PA 19383

Phone: 610-436-2627
Fax: 610-436-2574

Fall Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm
Wednesday: 9:00am-4:30pm

Summer Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00am-4:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am-4:00pm

Transfer Students

Student financial aid does not directly transfer between colleges. West Chester University will recalculate your eligibility based on the information on your FAFSA. You may be offered the same types of financial aid as your current college, but the amounts may differ due to our packaging policies and available funds.

All colleges and universities will differ from one another. There are differences in the Cost of Attendance that may factor into the amount of financial you receive if your transfer.

Mid-year transfers often qualify for less financial aid than first-time and continuing students.

Notify the Financial Aid office once you are scheduled for classes, if you have not been packaged.

Have you taken the necessary steps to be Packaged?

Steps to Ensure a Smooth Transition

  • If you are a PA Resident with PA State Grants, make certain your state grant has been updated with your current school.
  • If your aid requires that you accept it on myWCU, log in and accept your aid via myWCU.
  • Verify that the number of credits transferred and recorded on your myWCU record is correct. The credits transferred will be used to determine your academic grade level. Academic grade level determines how much you may borrow from the Federal Direct Student Loan Program.
  • Your final transcript may not have been released if you;
    • Owe your previous college money, or
    • Have not completed an exit counseling interview regarding your student loans.
  • If you are a student loan recipient, make certain a deferment is on file on your behalf.
  • If you are a mid-year transfer, you should make certain to cancel your loans at your former school’s Financial Aid office.