Office of the Bursar

Finance and Business Services

Student Financial Services
25 University Ave., Room #50
West Chester, PA 19383
Phone: 610 436-2552
Fax: 610 436-3049

Frequently Asked Questions


Can I pay my bill on-line?

Yes, via QuikPAY.

{Back to top}



What can I do if I am having trouble paying my bill?

You should contact your personal Account Representative in the Office of the Bursar.

For last names beginning with the letters:


A through G (610) 436-3078
H through O (610) 436-3079
P through Z (610) 436-3080


{Back to top}



What can I do if my bank loan (Direct, Alternative or Plus) has not been approved by the semester bill due date?

Have you accepted your loans on-line? Your loans will not be credited to your acount until you do so. Please log into myWCU and click on the View Awards link in the Financial Aid Alerts section.

Your options are:

  • Pay your amount due in full, and when your bank loan(s) arrive, a refund will be issued.
  • Opt for the “Partial Payment Plan” (Fall and Spring only) and make your payments as per the payment plan.

{Back to top}



What should I do if my private scholarship proceeds are not listed as a credit(s) on my semester bill?

If you have the scholarship check in your possession, endorse the check and mail it with any additional payment due along with the top half of your bill.

If your scholarship agency requires a billing statement other than the one you have already received, enclose a letter from the agency authorizing WCU to bill the agency for payment. You may then deduct the amount of the scholarship.

{Back to top}



How can I avoid cancellation of my class schedule?

Pay your bill by the due date.

Non-receipt of a bill does not relieve the student of the responsibility of paying by the due date.

If your total amount due = $0 you must return the top portion of the bill to avoid cancellation.

You may activate your account on-line by logging into myWCU and clicking on the Activate Your Account link inthe Student Financials section.

{Back to top}



Where do I go to change the type of meal plan that I have?

Students can add or change meal plans via the Select Meal Plan link on myWCU.

Meal plan adjustments can only be made through the first 2 weeks of the semester.


{Back to top}



How can I add Flex Dollars to my account?

Please keep in mind that all meal plans begin with $250 in Flex dollars.

There is a $150 minimum if opting for Flex only.

You can add Flex dollars in $25 increments at the Office of the Bursar.

{Back to top}



I am entitled to a financial aid refund. When can I expect this refund?

Provided that your account has a credit balance, financial aid refunds are generally available beginning the 3rd week of classes.

Refunds are available at the Office of the Bursar. If not picked up within three weeks, the refund checks are mailed to the billing address on record.

To check the status of your refund, please click log into myWCU and click on the Refund Status link in the Student Financials section.

{Back to top}



I have withdrawn from school or reduced my credit load to less than full time. When can I expect a refund?

A refund will be generated provided that your account is paid in full and that the Office of the Registrar, Financial Aid Office, and Residence Life and Housing has made the necessary adjustments.

For more information regarding withdrawals, please visit the Office of the Registrar website.

{Back to top}



How can I request an address change?

All address changes must be submitted in writing with a signature to the Office of the Registrar, phone (610) 436-3541.

{Back to top}



How do I order a transcript?

The Office of the Registrar provides all transcripts after payment is made.

West Chester University now offers online ordering of official transcripts.

You may select a paper transcript or an E-Transcript (certified PDF) which can be emailed.

The cost is the same whether paper or E-Transcript, $7.00 per transcript.

Click for information on how to  Order Official Transcripts

Please contact the Registrar at (610) 436-3541 for more information

{Back to top}