The Enrichment Theme goals direct WCU to build on the number of programs and activities
that enhance quality of life for all campus community members. Focused on increasing
visibility, improving academic programs and strengthening community impact, campus
members have expanded enrichment activities during this second year of Building on Excellence implementation. Many athletic, artistic, cultural and co-cultural events were held,
providing students opportunities for engagement and enrichment.
Highlights for Year 2
- The Office of Student Leadership and Involvement increased participation in academic
and professional clubs and academic musical organizations by almost 20%, far surpassing
the goal of 2.5%.
- The leadership minor has been formally approved and is now open for students to enroll.
- The Athletic Mentoring program, under Dr. Tammy James' leadership, has contributed
to improved student-athlete academic performance.
- Athletics has significantly increased the rental of WCU athletic facilities to community
groups, greatly increasing income. Student athlete participation in community service
activities also was increased.
- New and innovative initiatives for Alternative Spring Break trips focusing on community