Schedule of Events
Note to graduating students:
May 12, 2019
9:00 a.m. Ceremony
Undergraduate students only: Report to Satander Arena at 7:30 a.m.
7:30 a.m.: Gates to Santander Arena Open
8:30 a.m.: Academic procession begins
1:00 p.m. Ceremony
Undergraduate students only: Report to Santander Arena at 11:30 a.m.
11:30 a.m.: Gates to Santander Arena Open
12:30 p.m.: Academic procession begins
5:00 p.m. Ceremony
Undergraduate students only: Report to Santander Arena at 3:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m.: Gates to Santander Arena Open
4:30 p.m.: Academic procession begins
Assembly and Procession
- Assemble in an exact area TBD starting at 7:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. or 3:30 p.m. depending
on ceremony There will be tables and signs identifying your College. Snacks will be
available for graduates. Bring your cap, gown, and hood.
- Go to the table set aside for your College. You will receive a card with your name
on it, which will be read during the ceremony.
- Do not lose this card. Keep it with you and give it to your Dean when you step on
stage to receive your diploma cover, as directed by the marshals.
- Do NOT add anything to the card. No hand-written additions or changes will be read.
However, if you think your name will be hard to pronounce, write a simple phonetic
spelling in parenthesis. Keep it as simple as possible.
- Put on your cap, gown, and hood. The Registrar's staff will be available to help you.
Baccalaureate candidates place the tassel on the right side of the cap. (You will
move it to the left side during the tasseling ceremony).
- Line up in a double line behind the marshals leading your College.