Arts, Humanism, and Culture
We seek to explore the connectivity of arts, humanism, and culture, within contemporary society, in order to expand on the impact each of these threads has in/on education.
We invite proposals that address or use the following questions as a point of departure for scholarly papers, panels, workshops, presentations and/or performances:
- What is the place of arts and culture in higher education? Does it only belong in the social or entertainment realm?
- How do we value humanism in higher education?
- How do individuals within society express their human experience through the arts?
- Is the advancement of humanism possible without the influence of the arts?
- How do artist use their practice as a vehicle to extend or re-enforce the human experience?
- Do artistic values and cultural practices impact the human experience? How?
- Prospective Students
- Current Students