Global Accessibility Awareness Day
Join IS&T Distance Education Services and the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities in honoring Global Accessibility Awareness Day on May 9, 2019. Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) is to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital (web, software, mobile, etc.) access/inclusion and people with different disabilities. Faculty, Staff, and students are invited to join us throughout the day for a student panel, a variety of sessions on accessibility, and refreshments.
This event is free to the West Chester University community, but please register so we can plan accordingly!
When: May 9, 2019
Time: 10a.m. to 3p.m.
Where: Sykes Student Union, 110 W. Rosedale Avenue, West Chester, PA 19383
- Dub-C Autism Program Student Panel
- Universal Design presented by Tom Pantazes & Dr. Vicki McGinley
- Reasonable Accomodations presented by Dr. Marty Patwell
- Communication presented by Dr. Kat Ellis
- Advocating for Inclusion presented by Joe Mancini, The ARC of Philadelphia
- The ADA: What do you know about accessibility? presented by Dr. Lynn Klingensmith
- Disability Etiquette 101 presented by Dr. Monica Lepore