Student Success/Retention Initiatives
The Student Success / Retention Committee defines student success as the active involvement in the academic, co-curricular, and social life of the university, which leads to persistence toward the completion of a degree program. Student success and retention are sustained when the institution acknowledges that student success and persistence:
- require a campus-wide effort that emphasizes collaboration from all divisions;
- constitute an on-going process involving continuous evaluation and assessment of efforts and initiatives impacting student success;
- are not determined by any one factor, but rather by a holistic approach in developing student success initiatives; and
- are not goals in and of themselves, but the end result of a campus climate focused on student success.
The primary purpose of the Student Success / Retention Committee is to:
- Provide leadership in identifying strategies to improve student success and coordinating current and new initiatives.
- Provide pro-active leadership to ensure that strategic student success initiatives are developed and implemented, including improvement of service to students.
- Review and analyze University and other student success -related data to be shared with the University community, as well as encourage decision makers to make use of relevant data to assess current status and identify areas of needed improvement.
- Identify and obtain resources to motivate faculty, administrators, and staff to develop and implement initiatives. Provide public recognition of promising and best practices.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for University student success initiatives.
University Retention Committee Members
University Retention Committee Objectives