FALL 2013 PROCTORING HOURS
Monday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The purpose of the OSSD Proctoring Center is to support faculty with providing testing accommodations for students with disabilities. It is preferable that faculty provide testing accommodations; however, this is not always possible due to scheduling conflicts and other various issues.
- Students must arrive for their scheduled exam on the date and time stated in the confirmation email. The end time of the exam is fixed and will not be adjusted for tardiness. If a student is more than 20 minutes late, the exam will not be administered without written authorization from the instructor.
- Exams must be administered on the day and time specified by the professor. Written authorization to take the exam at a later date and/or time from an instructor is the only authorized way to reschedule an exam. OSSD cannot determine the rescheduling of exams.
- Once a student begins an exam, he/she must complete the exam within the predetermined time frame without leaving the room.
- West Chester University’s Code of Conduct is in effect at OSSD. OSSD staff reserves the right to monitor student activity at all times during test administration.
- Food and drink must be examined by OSSD staff and is not allowed near electronic equipment.
- Only students registered with the OSSD and who have signed the Test Proctoring Agreement may use the Proctoring Center.
- Students will initiate scheduling of exams by emailing his/her professor at least one week in advance. Students will cc: firstname.lastname@example.org on the email. Students will use the email template provided by OSSD. You must specifically request any assistive services and/or technology you need to complete your exam.
- Professor will complete online form by logging into our online system located under Faculty Log In
- Once online form is complete, confirmation emails will be sent to the student, professor, and OSSD staff.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of sending the initial request email, then you should email your professor again and cc: email@example.com.
- Schedule exams as soon as possible. If you have all your exam dates, ask your professor to schedule all your exams for the entire semester.
- If you have a class immediately after the class your exam is scheduled in, talk to your professor. Ask if you can start the exam at a different time for the rest of class.