The Department's mission reflects and supports the mission of the university by establishing and maintaining academic support programs for all admitted undergraduate students. The focus of these programs may include, but is not limited to:
- Advisement of students who have not chosen a major field of study.
- Provision of individual and group tutoring services.
- Promote the academic and individual development of university students.
- Provision of academic support services to students with disabilities.
- Provision of classroom and individual Supplemental Instruction toward development of academic success skills.
- Provision of instruction in courses related to services provided in the department as approved by the university's Curriculum and Academic Policies Council (CAPC).
- Promotion of a supportive environment which fosters academic success and student retention.
- The Department will function as an evaluation vehicle for tenure and promotion of its faculty, as exhibited through performance of professional responsibilities in various service areas.
Dr. John Kinslow