“My advisor was very nice and helpful!! She really helped me to understand how to pick classes and what classes
I would need for the major I want to get into!”
“Advisors were all very friendly, and it's easy to get an appointment.”
“They knew exactly what questions were going to be asked and answered them, making perfect sense to me.”
“My advisor is great!”
Welcome to WCU! PMAA Advisors are faculty members whose job is to help undecided WCU students explore majors and to guide students
regarding course selection and grade requirements for those majors. WCU has many people, programs, and courses to help you make a
decision that’s right for you. We recognize that choosing a major and career direction is an important step in life, and making
this decision is a complex process.
Some of the important ways we help:
- meet with you at least once every semester - you set up an appointment prior to your scheduling date.
(When do I schedule?)
- Schedule as early as possible after your enrollment date and time permit; classes fill up.
- In your MyWCU account, you can check what classes are available using the Check Class Schedule.
- suggest courses suitable for majors or to explore your interests
change-of-major form when
you have met entrance requirements for internal transfer into the major you’ve chosen
- refer you to important WCU resources
Why Make an Appointment?
- You will not be able to schedule courses for the following semester until you have met with your advisor
- Your advisor will help you through the process of choosing the major that’s right for you
- You will work with your advisor to identify your interests, strengths, and weaknesses as they relate to majors
Your advisor can provide you with valuable options, accurate information, connections to campus resources,
and timely referrals.
How to Make an Appointment:
Students must call or come in to the office.
(Who is my advisor?)
In MyWCU, the name of your advisor is located on the top left hand side under the words
When to Make an Appointment:
At least two weeks before your scheduling date
ENROLLMENT APPOINTMENT (MyWCU Account)
- The date listed first in your “Enrollment Appointment.” is the date you can begin scheduling.
- Do NOT wait until that date to schedule an appointment, see your advisor earlier to lift the hold, so you can
schedule when your enrollment appointment comes up (provided you have no other holds).
whenever you have
questions about majors or courses, if you have concerns of any kind about school.