West Chester University
Space Allocation Policy
- The purpose of this policy is to define the rationale used to re-allocate space and describe the responsibilities of the involved areas.
- Space Allocation Priorities:
- Adhere to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by not reducing the accessibility for students, faculty or staff.
- Fulfill the overall need for instructional space.
- Foster the long-term goals of WCU when allocating space to an individual academic program, department, or group.
- Define office space for full-time, tenure track faculty.
- Guidelines for Interpreting the Space Allocation Priorities:
- Consolidate separated departmnets,
- Attain a permanent assignment of space that results in fewer future changes,
- Achieve a balance between the immediate needs of an area or department and WCU's overall facility plan.
- The Office of Event Management:
- Prepares and manages the "Academic Facility Master Schedule", which houses the assignment of instructional facilities for scheduled semester courses,
- Handles assignment change requests for instructional facilities and faculty office space,
- Confirms the reservations for short-term, non-academic use of non-residential, non-student owned facilities, per the "Facility Reservation and Usage Policy",
- Forwards all requests for newly available space (renovated, vacated purchased, built) and changes in the use of a facility to the Space Allocation Committee (see the "Reallocation of Space Procedure").
- The Space Allocation Committee (SAC):
- Reviews long-term space allocation issues and presents its recommendations to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (see the "SAC Bylaws").