Faculty and Staff Library Borrowing Privileges
- Faculty and staff borrowing privileges are available only to those with appropriate identification.
- If a book is damaged or lost while borrowed, the borrower will be charged for its repair or replacement.
- Temporary and retired faculty and staff members have the same library privileges as other faculty and staff.
- Faculty and staff members may borrow books for an entire semester (subject to recall).
- All books borrowed by a faculty or staff member are subject to recall after one month.
- Faculty and staff members will receive four overdue or recall notices. The fourth notice will give specific warning of the measures to be imposed for failure to act.
- If, after ten days, a faculty or staff member fails to act on a fourth notice, the library will withdraw all borrowing privileges and will impose fines. Once the books are returned and the fines paid, the faculty or staff member will regain all library privileges.
- Where appropriate these guidelines also apply to other library materials.
- Faculty and staff members may request exceptions to these rules by petition to the Library Director.
- Disputes concerning books, withdrawals of privileges, and fines will be heard by a panel consisting of the Director of the Library, the Chair of the Library Advisory Committee, and another member of the Library Advisory Committee.
Library Advisory Committee, February 3, 2000
Amended July 5, 2002
Amended November 4, 2004
See also Library Services Circulation Policy