Instructional Media Center
FHG Library, 1st Floor
Trish Lenkowski, Education & IMC Librarian
The Instructional Media Center includes the curriculum collection of K-12 textbooks and other teacher education resources. The IMC is also home to the library’s DVD and VHS media collections as well as equipment for loan and production services.
Holdings and Access: Unless otherwise noted, all items are listed in the PILOT library catalog.
Hours: See Hours page.
- Textbooks: Student and teacher editions and teacher resources books for use in grades K–12.
- Curriculum Guides / Syllabi: Current guides to curriculum and additional resources for teachers, and historical guides from local school districts.
- Jackdaws: Facsimile documents relating to historical events.
- Big Books: Large format children’s books.
- DVD and VHS films: Includes documentaries, feature films, foreign movies, and movies for children.
- Kits: Teaching materials for classroom use.
- Poster Sets: Study prints on a wide variety of topics. Not listed in the library's catalog–title and subject lists are available.
- Posters: Individual posters organized by broad subject categories. Not listed in the library's catalog.
- Math Lab: A variety of math manipulatives and other resources for teaching mathematics.
- Audio Recordings: Cassettes and sound recordings (LP discs) are available on various subjects.
Equipment: With the exception of laptops, equipment loans are for three (3) days.
- Laptop Computers (in library use only)
- Camcorders and Flip cameras
- Digital Cameras
- Projectors and screens
- Audio recorders
- Ellison/AccuCut dies: hundreds of shapes and designs, and three alphabets available. Bring your own paper.
- Flatbed Scanner: To scan documents and photos. Computer has Internet connection but is not connected to a printer.
- FLASH print station: Two computers available for printing only. Double-sided printing available.
Production Services: See details and pricing.
- Color Printing
- Comb Binding
- Poster Printing
- Assistance is available at the IMC Help Desk during IMC hours.
- Media, reserve items, equipment, and production services are available only during IMC hours.
- The IMC book collection is available whenever the library is open. To borrow books after IMC hours, take them to the 2nd floor Circulation Desk.