You can place holds and/or recalls for items retrieved from the Public Access catalog. Recalls can only be placed for items that are charged out. Holds and recalls can be made only from an item's bibliographic/holdings display. In addition, you must login before you can place a hold or recall.
Send comments and suggestions to Dick Swain, firstname.lastname@example.org
These pages last updated on 3 January 2001
- Search for an item that you want to place a hold or recall on.
- View the Record Display of the item.
- Click the Request button on the toolbar at the top of the screen. If you have not previously logged in, the Login screen displays. Enter your patron barcode and Last name in the appropriate fields and then click the OK button.
- Click the drop-down menu and select Hold or Recall. Click the OK button.
- If you want to place a hold or recall on any copy of the item at any location, click the Any Copy at Any Location radio button. If you want to place a hold or recall on a specific copy, click the This Copy radio button and select the copy of the item from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your barcode and last name in the Barcode and Last Name fields.
- Enter any comments that you want your institution's circulation staff to view in the Comment text box.
- Select the location where you want to pick up the item from the Pick Up At drop-down menu.
- Enter the number of days after which you will not need the hold or recall in the Not Needed After text box.
- Click the OK button to submit your request. Click the Reset button to clear all of the fields.
- Once you have placed a hold or recall on an item, you can check its status by accessing your Patron Information.