What is D2L??
Desire2Learn (D2L) is a web–based course management system which will be replacing Blackboard starting this Summer 2010. The system is designed to create a rich online learning environment for students, with easy–to–use tools for electronic document submission, online testing, group–work, and several new features including
- Personal Profile – D2L students can choose to customize their profile with their interests, favorite books/quotes, future goals, and even upload a picture!
- Locker – Dedicated storage space for every student. Accessible anywhere once logged into D2L.
- Schedule – Global calendar which synchronizes all class assignments, exams and appointments from all courses into one location. Students can also add their own reminders.
- Mobile App – FREE application which makes your D2L content Blackberry accessible
Helpful Tips for using D2L
- Get in the habit of using the links located on the navigational bar to move around inside your course.
- When exiting your D2L course, be sure to click on the Logout link AND close the browser window. This is especially important if you are using a computer in a public lab.
- Mac users: Make sure you are using the most current version of either Safari or Firefox.
How do I login to D2L?
- Open up an Internet browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari)
- Go to http://D2L.wcupa.edu
- Enter the same Network USERNAME and PASSWORD you use for Webmail and myWCU
- Students: Your username is your initials followed by your 6 digit WCUID# @wcupa.edu
- Example: John Smith = JS123456@wcupa.edu
How do I see my courses in D2L?
Once you have successfully logged in, look for the box labeled My Courses on the RIGHT of the My Home screen.
The names of the courses that you are enrolled in will only appear if the instructor has made the course active. The names will be underlined and in blue type. Click the name of the course that you wish to access.
Once inside my D2L course, how do I access the course materials?
Use the navigational tool bar along the top of your course homepage. The links located on this tool bar allow you to access materials within your course. Some tools that your instructor may be using include
- Content may include your course syllabus, reading material, or homework instructions.
- Grades is where you can see your grades on assignments throughout the semester.
- Dropbox is where you can submit electronic copies of your homework to your instructor.
- Quizzes is where you can complete course quizzes or exams.